Career management coaching helps people to evaluate, re-align and navigate their work situation to achieve greater levels of congruency and success. The process involves evaluation of skills and aptitudes, personality preferences, values, interests and aspirations to clarify career direction, goals and objectives. Coaching helps to increase self-awareness, navigate workplace dynamics and negotiate change. It can make a real difference to job satisfaction and performance.
Coaching sessions are tailored to suit each individual and the outcomes they want from the process. 3–6 sessions are normally required. Sessions are structured to form a well–rounded and outcome orientated process.
Individual Career Coaching and Guidance
Career coaching sessions could include all or just some of the following:
- An initial session to explore career history, personal insights, issues and themes to establish a programme to suit.
- Personality profiling – on-line assessments are invaluable for getting clear about preferences and traits which help understand personality development and career potential. We use the MBTI for this. Find out more.
- An exploration of career motivators and interests, personal values and achievements to establish strengths and ‘best-fit’ scenarios.
- Identifying “best fit” work scenario and establishing holistic development goals.
- Reviewing marketing collateral – CV, Linked In and personal/ professional brand if required.
- Synthesising learning and insights and clarifying goals and steps.
3–6 sessions are normally required. Sessions are structured to form a well–rounded and outcome orientated process.