Some people are satisfied with their chosen career however look for a broader perspective on where they could develop and how they are managing. They may have plateaued in their role, feel under-valued or over-stretched and not be managing aspects of their role as well as they could – or would like to.
Professional supervision and development coaching offer space for the individual to expand their view of themselves and the way they affect their work. Supportive ‘sponsorship’ from the coach enables growth and greater efficacy.
Professional Supervision for people who do ‘people work’ is essential and often a requirement for membership of any ethics-based professional body concerned with the health and well-being of the public or employees.
Supervision offers practitioners:-
- The provision of reflective space
- Increased effectiveness of practice
- Feeling supported in the work
- Increased capacity to deal with difficult situations
- Assistance in processing feelings about clients, employees or situations
As a provider of supervision I work on the assumption that my client or Supervisee knows their situation best and therefore drives their own process and learning at the pace that suits them. See more
Development Coaching for managers and senior employees with a lot of responsibility provides an opportunity to have space to reflect on how they are managing their work. With supportive coaching and deep enquiry from a trusted professional coaching makes a real difference for individuals and their work. 6 – 10 sessions are recommended.
Development coaching offers:-
- Support and increased validation
- Checking for career or role alignment
- Connection to what matters in the individual’s life and work
- A holistic approach to working through issues and support to lessen the burden
- Regular sessions provide a valuable on-going evolution of perspective